søndag 13. mai 2012

The Irishman And His Brothers

An Irish man walks into a pub.

"What'll you have?" the bartender asks.

"Give me three pints of Guinness, please," says the man.

The bartender brings him three pints, and the man proceeds to sip them alternately -- the first one, the next one, and then the third one, until they're all gone. He then orders three more.

"Sir,” says the bartender, “I know you like them cold. You don't have to order three at a time. I can keep an eye on you, and when you get low I'll bring you a fresh cold one."

"You don't understand,” the man says. “I have two brothers, one in Australia and one in the States. We made a vow to each other that every Saturday night we'd still drink together. So right now, my brothers have three Guinness Stouts too, and we're drinking together.”

”What a wonderful tradition,” the bartender says, smiling.

Every week after that, the man comes into the bar and orders three beers. But one week, he orders only two. He drinks them and orders two more.

"I know what your tradition is,” says the bartender sadly, “and I'd just like to say that I'm sorry that one of your brothers died."

"Oh, me brothers are fine,” says the man. “I just quit drinking."

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar